Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sacked Deputy Governor Returns Salaries


“I further explained that your letter deploying me to your office was baseless. It is therefore a surprise that you went ahead and paid into my account the sum of sixty one thousand and sixty seven naira, twenty six kobo (N61,067.26) as salary as fraudulent as I did not report for work anywhere,
did not work anywhere and therefore did not earn any salary. It is unfortunate that even though I have been deliberately denied of my allowances as deputy governor for the months of July and August 2014, there has been an indecent haste to ‘dash’ me a salary for the month of September 2014, for a job I ceased to hold as far back as 2007,” Onyebuchi said.
While expressing believes that the unearned salary was paid to him in bad faith, he assured that he has returned it in good faith, adding that the Enugu state treasury receipt number 000796193 was attached as evidence of the refund. He urged the state government to stop any further payment of such unmerited salaries as it could amount to fraud.
Onyebuchi stressed that upon his impeachment from office, he has never applied to the civil service commission for employment nor any approval received from the commission, and also cleared the air that civil servants are not granted leave of absence to join political parties and contest election.
*Na beta pikin be dis sha*

No comments: